Integrative Medicine for the Life Cycle: Preparedness Equals Resiliency
Late Summer 2018 – stay tuned for dates
Held in Eugene, Oregon
Friday — Beginning of Life— Pregnancy, Birth, Breastfeeding and Children
Saturday — Middle of Life — Youth and Adult Health
Sunday — Towards the End – Elder Health & Death and Dying
Pre/Post conferences sessions to address all these issues.
Interested in Speaking? Seeking abstracts and proposals for sessions on the following topics addressed in a holistic way: mind, body, heart, spirit.
- Plant medicine – both evidence based as well as ancestral traditions.
- Care in low resource or emergency situations.
- Food as medicine
- Community health care
- Skills training –BLS/CPR, Skills Labs
- Emergency preparedness for health workers
- Spiritual healing (all traditions)
- Mindfulness, mental and/or spiritual ways to address health issues
- Movement Therapeutics: Tai Ch/QiGong, Yoga, Dance. Etc.
- Innovative programs using integrative medicine models
- Plant Walks and Herbal Product Making
- Trauma Informed Practices – Behavioral Health Integrated Models
- Increasing access to care both culturally and economically
- Natural Birth, Breastfeeding, Pediatrics
Of special interest research: about the microbiome and its role in health, and how food, plants, exercise/movement, behavioral health can address specific health issues. Ways beginnings and endings of life can be more conscious and aware. How can we integrate herbal and non traditional medicines into conventional medical practices with team approaches. Practical applications of preparedness for health care providers.
We are still working on the 2017 Conference and will be taking a break from all conference work until early 2018. But be sure to include us your summer plans. Eugene, Oregon is beautiful, and while the conference venue will close in town, the area is fantastic for all kinds of outdoor activities for the whole family.