Starting Summer 2016
Earth Centered Experiential Learning Programs – Internships, Apprenticeships, Workshops
- Permaculture & Urban Farming
- Herbal Medicine Making
- Herb Farming & Herb Processing – including making essential oils
- Clinical Herbalism both Eastern & Western healing philosophies, as well as various natural healing modalities.
- Eco-Construction – using natural and reclaimed materials
- Blacksmithing, metal working, knifemaking
- Native American Flute making
- Ethnobotany and Native American Herbal Medicine
Native American, minority and low income scholarships and work trades available. We are accepting applications for our Internship Programs. Fill out our Intern Application
Programs under Development
Learn from Elders –documenting wisdom, and internships in gardening, farming, construction, green building, crafts, dance, song, traditional arts and spirituality.
MotherCare Education – partnering with programs that offer training for birth workers such as birth & postpartum doulas, midwives, & lactation support to provide greater inclusion among Native and low income women.
Zaniyan Sanctuary – preserving native and heritage plants, foods, and knowledge.
Zaniyan Village– We are in the process of signing a long term lease with an option to buy, 18 acres of organic farmland, 10 miles from downtown Eugene. Our plan is to build a community center to offer demonstrations in urban gardens, permaculture and bio intensive organic farming, and create a medicinal plant nursery. We have a special focus on growing, using and teaching about medicinal herbs (not cannabis), planting food forests, green building, mushrooms, bees, homesteading and related skills. We will provide hands on learning, internships and apprenticeships. Includes small eco-village living space; with a tipis for summer housing, and farm store is planned to sell produce, crafts and products made and grown by residents and co-op members.
Zaniyan Health & Wellness
Holistic Community Health Workers – promote wellness through education, informal counseling, social support, and advocacy both in the community and individuals.
Elder Visiting Programs. Includes home and care facility visiting
Wellness Classes for tribes, businesses, community groups.
Outreach Programs – Offering health promotion, herbal medicine, and wellness education to at Pow Wows, and other Native American events.
Looking to get involved? We are looking for volunteers, mentors, and businesses and organizations to partner with who share our values and goals.
We are just getting started, want to volunteer? Contact us!
internships, apprenticeships, short workshops, and weekend or longer intensives in the following areas:
Permaculture – Growing in Harmony with the Earth
- Food Sovereignty & Resilience
- Organic & Biodynamic Farming Methods
- Indigenous and Native Crops
- Growing for low water environments and climate change
Healing – Self – Community – Planet
- Healing of Self
- Internal Arts – Herbs, Nutrition, Exercise and Movement, Spirituality
- Healing and Service to Others
- Herbal Medicine & Medicine Making
- Evidence-based Clinical Knowledge
- Nature Based Healing Modalities
- Protecting and Preserving the Earth
- Botanical Sanctuary Preserving Endangered Medicinal Plants
- Integrating Sustainable Forestry Practices
Stewardship & Sustainability; Building & Living Skills
- Sustainable Building Trades
- Construction using on Green Materials – Cob, Straw Bale, Reclaimed
- Tiny & Wheeled Homes Building
- Blacksmithing and Metal Working
- Woodworking – Furniture & Instrument Making
- Natural Living & Homesteading Skills
- Animal Husbandry & Beekeeping
- Food Preservation
- Heritage & Indigenous Skills
- Beginning of Life
- Midwifery & Natural Birth
- Protecting the Future Teaching Children & Youth
- Preserving Indigenous & Many Nations Wisdom & Heritage
- Death & Dying
- Awareness and Respect