Zaniyan Center is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization promoting health through plants and connection with the earth. We value the wisdom of elders, traditions of the ancestors, as well as modern science, to promote health and healing, to support natural birth and breastfeeding, and to grow food and medicine.
- * We build sustainable resilient food systems that support food sovereignty and create food security
- * We integrate the holistic model of mind body heart and spirit into healing
- * We consider birthing and breastfeeding and how we care for the young to have a profound and lifelong impact on humans and the future welfare of the planet
- * We respect and care for our elders recognizing their knowledge and wisdom are finite and precious resources needed for our survival well-being and preservation of all nations' culture and heritage
- * We support loving and dignified end of life care and believe that the remains after death are sacred and should be respected
- * We expect and prepare for disruption in our current system and infrastructure either due to earth fighting back creating natural disasters or economic or social upheavals and plan for self-reliance and work toward greater self-sufficiency
- * We recognize the devastation that addiction plays in people's lives and health and believe solutions can be found in prayer ceremony and herbs
- * We believe that the permaculture principles and ethics of Earth Care People Care and Fair Share can help heal the earth and create a better world
Earth Care: Rebuild natural capital. The Earth is a living, breathing entity. Without ongoing care and nurturing there will be consequences too big to ignore.
People Care: Look after self, kin, and community. If people’s needs are met in compassionate and simple ways, the environment surrounding them will prosper.
Fair Share: Set limits and redistribute surplus. We are provided with times of abundance that enable us to share with others.
We are creating strategic partnerships and cooperatives of individuals, families, tribes, and businesses to help make our vision a reality. We are in our earliest stages of development and are accepting nominations for additional members for our Board of Directors and our Advisory Council . Please contact us if interested.